- Barriers to urban Aboriginal youth participation in the Calgary economy were reduced?
- All Aboriginal youth could realize their leadership potential?
- These youth strengthened not only themselves, but their family circles and their communities?
- All urban Aboriginal youth could connect with the traditional teachings and practices that are fundamental to their culture and a strong Aboriginal community?
- Children, youth and adults from all cultural and financial backgrounds could learn more about themselves, each other and the land we share in order to live more successfully together?
Rediscovery creates opportunities for children, youth and adults to learn:
- About their personal culture through activities based on Indigenous ways of knowing and being
- From other cultures, promoting cross-fertilization of cultures
- From the natural world, experiencing and honouring the importance of the earth
Through Rediscovery, individuals can create positive change in their personal lives, their families and their communities. Together, they contribute to a strong, healthy society.
Ways to Support:
Donate funds to support Ghost River Rediscovery in strengthening individuals, families and communities.
Donations by cash or cheque can be made by contacting the office.
Charitable donation tax receipts are issued for donations $20 and greater.
|Want to donate in a different way?
Pop us an email or a phone call and we would be happy to chat about it!
Ghost River Rediscovery Society is a non-profit organization registered under the Societies Act of Alberta. Charitable registration # 871979985 RR 0001 Ghost River Rediscovery is planning to raise an estimated $25,000 this year through fundraising, at a cost of approximately $500. Funds raised will be used to support the programs and services we provide to the Calgary community. This includes, but is not limited to, program costs, materials and supplies, and operational costs.